Angeles Electric Corporation is the third largest electric company in Luzon was known as Angeles Light and Power Plant when it formally started operating in July 10, 1923. The company has since survived a war, a fire and a major volcanic eruption.
AEC -old building 01The company came to be known as Angeles Electric Corporation (AEC) when it was incorporated and registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1959. Today, after more than 90 years in operation, AEC continues to move forward and remain at par with industry leaders.
Angeles Electric Corporation holds the distinction of being the first electric utility company to achieve 100% electrification of all areas within its franchise coverage. This happened in 1969 with the conversion of distribution voltage from 2,400v to 13,800v that enabled the company to extend its power lines to the remotest barangay of Angeles City. 1983 LMC 02In 1996, the company was adjudged “Outstanding Countryside Investor (Large-Scale Category) of the Year” by the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (PCCI) in recognition of AEC’s contribution to hasten the economic recovery of Angeles City after the devastating eruption of Mount Pinatubo.
While the ‘80s may be considered as banner years when AEC experienced unprecedented growth with the increase in coverage area and computerization of the billing system, the ‘90s will be remembered as the turbulent decade of the power crisis, Mt. Pinatubo eruption and labor unrest. It was during this period when AEC made a determined effort – and succeeded – to enhance customer service and information retrieval system.
On the fourteenth year of the new century, Angeles Electric Corporation is gearing up to meet the challenges of an industry in a state of transition. AEC’s competitiveness in a deregulated environment is anchored on a two-pronged thrust: the enhancement of service delivery and the strengthening of operational and financial viability.